BabyStepsTech

This is my journey into the web 2.0...doing 23 things online. Reasons why? Both personal and professional. It's not only a personal goal to overcome a 'fear' of what I don't know, but as an educator it's essential to be able to use technology as a teaching tool. We will see how it goes...







Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thing #19: Web 2.0 Awards List

Lulu Self-Publishing:  For authentic teaching purposes, writing in order to really publish a book would the ultimate!  The cost could be covered with grants, the school, fundraiser....that can figured out.  A ten page book would be $4.70.  I would have to actually make one before to learn how.  What is special about this?  My goal is to instill the love of reading...this is the basic building block of all learning.  Even if it's not to read exactly, but what you can get out of reading.  To become the author of a book is an empowering act...including students into the community of readers, thinkers, writers.  So this is a project I will seriously see how it could work out.

I am considering this course as a year long course...coming back and spending more time learning each item...so I will be checking out more of these sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment