BabyStepsTech

This is my journey into the web 2.0...doing 23 things online. Reasons why? Both personal and professional. It's not only a personal goal to overcome a 'fear' of what I don't know, but as an educator it's essential to be able to use technology as a teaching tool. We will see how it goes...







Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thing #15

Reflection on Away on the Icebergs:  This opinion is what has initially avoided my use technology.  He mentions that there is no longer a need to keep books on hand because of the new digital age.  Change is not easy, but one of the things I like to do the most is walk into a public library and check out books.  Of course this is not something that will change in the next couple of decades, but I don't even want to think about the time in the future that books will be an oddity. 

His last point is true that we no longer go to a library as a source of information due to the amount of information on the Web 2.0.  So the libraries are going through a change to keep up with the changes in the world.  Growing up, the library was one of my favorite places to be.  It was the place to learn.  As I have gone through this course, I get the same type of feeling as I did in the library in the sense that I could look up any of my favorite topics and I can learn new things.  Using it as a teaching tool is also exciting.  Coming into the age of technology isn't as bad as I thought if I use it in this fashion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment