BabyStepsTech

This is my journey into the web 2.0...doing 23 things online. Reasons why? Both personal and professional. It's not only a personal goal to overcome a 'fear' of what I don't know, but as an educator it's essential to be able to use technology as a teaching tool. We will see how it goes...







Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thing #18 Open Office

A disadvantage of using Open Office is that our information is confidential and having it out in cyberspace somewhere is not something that I feel comfortable with.  I would not like to use it for work with information on students.  I would use it for lesson plans and teaching ideas.  But then why switch from Microsoft Office to Open Office?  I don't think I will be doing that for professional reasons.  I'll stick to our district servers. 

For students and their families this is great because it's free! 

No comments:

Post a Comment