BabyStepsTech

This is my journey into the web 2.0...doing 23 things online. Reasons why? Both personal and professional. It's not only a personal goal to overcome a 'fear' of what I don't know, but as an educator it's essential to be able to use technology as a teaching tool. We will see how it goes...







Monday, August 2, 2010

Uneasy Feeling....

I remember the first good computers I had access to in my 6th grade English class...that was effortless and fun. 4 macs...We used them for the writing process, editing, revising.  To this day I basically use the computer for the same purposes...reports, papers, powerpoints, email, and surf the net...not much.  I am somewhere in the middle of the row technology wise.  Being as young as I am, it may be surprising how little I am comfortable with technology...and how little I know.  So now I guess I am admitting this on an open forum. 

When our school librarian showed off all the new cool equipment last year, my first thought was Yey!  The possibilites seemed endless....But then a frown because the thought of figuring out how to use them gave me a headache.  Now I've made the decision to move out of my comfort zone...for myself and my students.   

My 6th grade English teacher taught me how to use a computer at a time when it was easy for me to learn.  Now I can teach my students at a time when it is effortless and fun for them.  I just have to get through these 23 things....

1 comment:

  1. you can do it! if you stick with it, you will reach the goal! time is pretty short but lots of people have finished in a week...

    ReplyDelete